Estate Planning

Tailored Legal Planning for All Ages

Tailored Legal Planning

At R. F. Meyer & Associates, estate planning is more than simply drafting a Will. We are committed to developing a comprehensive plan tailored to fit your legal needs.

Peace of Mind

Our personalized Estate Plan for you will ensure that:

Custom & Comprehensive

Your estate plan is designed to your particular family circumstances.

You and your family are protected should you experience a sudden health condition.

Your financial and medical decisions are made by your designee if you are unable to do so

Your heirs receive the maximum amount of your wealth post mortem, privately and without undue governmental complication.

Your heirs avoid potential capital gains tax

Estate taxes paid to the federal governments are minimized

The 5 basic documents

Durable Power of Attorney

This enables you to designate someone to handle your finances if you are seriously injured or disabled.

Durable Power of Attorney for Health Care

This instrument allows someone to make medical decisions for you in the same circumstances.

Living Will

This document instructs your family and physician as to your wishes if you are terminally ill or comatose and unable to make your own end of life decisions.

Last Will & Testament

This instrument appoints an executor to manage your estate, a guardian to “attempt” to manage your minor children, and outlines the general distribution plans of your assets.

Living Trust

This document helps you avoid the probate process, protecting your heirs’ identities and their inheritance from undue court delays.

Compassion and Experience

Our Areas of Practice

We have decades of experience dealing with the related and complex legal issues involved with Elder Law, Estate Planning and Probate.

  • Elder Law
  • Estate Planning
  • Guardianship
  • Medicaid & Government Benefits
  • Power of Attorney
  • Probate, Estate & Post Mortem Trust Administration
  • Special Needs Trusts
  • Wills & Living Wills

Want to discuss your issue?